Chrysallis- 2016, Avi, duration 3,00 min, 250×145 cm, projection on transparent fabric which is tightened and haging from the ceiling.
This video artwork contains performative elements with the intention of associative illustration of human existence. Chrysallis in which the worm prepares for the final phase of transformation into a butterfly is transparent. Transparency is also present in all visual elements in this video. The layers which represent transformation of chrysalis itself are pulsating in imaginary temporal current. The expressive waving movement of the woman’s body also adds the tragic element of human existence. Each frame of this video work could become independent visual artistic image. A part of the musical piece, “Dahovi”, by contemporary composer, Ivo Malec, was used as sound background.
I intend to project the video on a sheer ( transparent) , tightened fabric that is hanging in space.
Link web dove visionare altro materiale:
https://vimeo.com/180409703 password: leptiric
Nome e Cognome dell’autore della musica:
“Dahovi” -Ivo Malec
Milica Raicevic was born on April 29th, 1974 in Belgrade. She enrolled at the Art University (majoring in painting) in 1992, as specially gifted, after having finished the third grade at the High Shool of Philology. She graduated on February 4th, 1998 with GPA 9,69. She earned master`s degree on March 22. 2002. in Belgrade. She is the member of ULUS, ULUCG, and Workshop 13. She has had thirteen individual and many group exhibitions. Milica Raicevic lives and works in Ivanjica as the gallery art editor in Cultural Center in Ivanjica. She organized various artistic projects and participated in numerous workshops. She is the author of over 60 written articles in the field of art critic and a journalist in the magazine for art and culture, P.U.L.S.E. She has been working as an assistant professor in the field of artistic forms at IUNP (Nis), department of painting, for two years (2011/13).
- Award for drawing at Biennale for students’ drawings-1995.
- The winner of the Showdown (second round seventh voting) at Saatchi-Gallery-April 2010.
- Overal Showdown winner at Saatchi-Gallery-September 2010.
- 2016. Videomedeja festival- video work “Drangularium”- MSU-Novi Sad,
- 2014. „Gallery of Fine Art Arilje“ in Arilje
- 2012. Gallery „ Kusica – Han“ , Ivanjica
- 2010. Gallery Madamme in Pancevo
- 2009. Gallery of Fine Art Arilje“ in Arilje
- 2008. Art Center „Posejdon“-Belgrade
- 2008. Gallery „Jokanovica kuca“ in Uzice
- 2007. Gallery „Rim“ in Pozega
- 2004. The Center of Fine Arts of Jovan Kolundzija „Gvarnerius“
- 2004. „Gallery of Fine Art Arilje“ in Arilje
- 2003. Artistic Studio of „Dom Kulture“ in Cacak
- 2002. The Gallery of FLU, Master’s Exhibition „Delusions“
- 2000. The Artistic Gallery „Velimir A. Lekovic“, Bar
- 2000. „Vir“, a Gallery in Virpazar
- 2016. (10-18. June) Festival DEV9T “Portal” – Old Brick Plant, Belgrade
- 2015. Gallery “Progress”- Belgrade – group exhibition of PhD students at the ALU in Belgrade
- 2015. National Museum Uzice – international exhibition “Memorijal Milana Vergovica”, Uzice
- 2013. National Museum Uzice, Manifestation “Noc muzeja”, group exhibiton of paintings
- 2012. Exhibiton of professors and assistants of IUNP ( Art Academy), Nis and Vranje
- 2014. Hail kunst- International Exhibiton of Small Format, Vranje, Aleksinac
- 2010. Saatchi-Gallery London-exhibition of the Showdown winers
- 2009. 50.October Salon „Circumstance“ in Belgrade
- 2008. Annual exibition of landscapes, Main Gallery in Pozega
- 2006. Annual exibition of the artists in the region of Uzice, The City Gallery in Uzice
- 2003. Exhibition of artists in artistic colony and the painters of Ivanjica
- 2000. New members of ULUCG, The Pavilion in Podgorica
- 1996. The Lodgings of Princess Ljubica, Belgrade
- 1995. Sugar Refinery in Belgrade (Workshop 13)
- 1995. The Castle of Culture, Vrnjacka Banja-The colony of awarded students
- 1993. /4./5./6.-Exhibitions of Students Drawing, The Gallery Dom omladine, Belgrade
- 1993. Biennale of Students’ Drawing, Gallery „Studentski grad“, Belgrade
- Currently on PhD program on ALU ” Todoris” in Belgrade – 2014/16
- Praque Quadrennial (PQ)2015. -participation in workshop of student selection and work on artistic project ” Hotel Serbia” in collaboration with Djurdjica Terzic and Emilija Sajic-Novi Sad-2015.
- One of the founders of non-goverment organization ” 32250 Ivanjica” and the organizer of the event “Long Night of the Museums” in Ivanjica- 2014.
- One of the founders of the photographers’ association “Pekinac”- Ivanjica, 2013.
- Participation in international artistic collony in Debrca, Macedonia, 2013.
- Coordinator of the visual art in “Nusicijada”-Ivanjica, 2012. cultural manifestation
- Assistant professor of the Art form on International University Novi Pazar (IUNP) in Nis, 2011/13.
- Main organizer and performer of restoration of Djordje Andrejevic Kun`s largest outdoor mosaic in Serbia, Ivanjica, october-november, 2008.
- Organizer of humanitarian art exhibitions for the persons with disabilities in collaboration with MNRO organization – 2008/11.
- Organizer of the visual events and writer of the art critics for Art Center ” Posejdon” , Belgrade, 2008.
• Founder of the Art Council in the Gallery of Cultural Center in Ivanjica, 2005.
- Ogranizer of all artistic events and writer of the art critic articles in the Gallery of Cultural Center in Ivanjica, 2003/2016.
- Founder and professor in the school for achitectural drawing , Ivanjica/ 2001/16.